Re: [Nautilus-list] rss feeds

Don't get me wrong, I think that the sidebar panel is a great idea.

I suggest Foot->News because it strikes me that we should try and go for
something of a task-oriented methodology.  People generally don't just
open their web browser for no real reason - usually they want to do a
specific task (like read the news).

Nautilus does a great job of letting people focus more on documents and
less on applications.  Rather than opening an app, then the file I want
to look at, I can just click on the file and view the file.  Why should
web pages be any different?  I am interested in checking salon.com, not
opening nautilus.  A sign of a good application is one that you don't
notice.  I don't want to think in terms of what tools I need to use to
do my task, I just want to think about my task.  So, to me, it seems
logical that I go to a "news" category.

A panel applet would be pretty bad, I think.  It would constantly be
scrolling, wouldn't be able to deal with multiple panel sizes too well,
etc.  It is more of a distraction than a solution.  I'd like to see
integration, not things tacked on.  So, I hope that my email isn't harsh
sounding or anything - I love the news feeds.  I'm just trying to come
up with ways that make them more useful.

    --Ryan