Re: [Nautilus-list] rss feeds

Don't get me wrong, I think that the sidebar panel is a great idea.

I suggest Foot->News because it strikes me that we should try and go for
something of a task-oriented methodology.  People generally don't just
open their web browser for no real reason - usually they want to do a
specific task (like read the news).

If we're moving towards a task-oriented methodology, then the
Foot->News category idea makes sense. I wonder what other categories would be beneficial?

A panel applet would be pretty bad, I think.  It would constantly be
scrolling, wouldn't be able to deal with multiple panel sizes too well,
etc.  It is more of a distraction than a solution.  I'd like to see
integration, not things tacked on.  So, I hope that my email isn't harsh
sounding or anything - I love the news feeds.  I'm just trying to come
up with ways that make them more useful.

    --Ryan

Very good points. Although, I could see a useful panel applet if there weren't too many news feeds. But beyond this, I'm all for the integration (read - I can't wait for the desktop rss feeds).