Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: rss feeds

Would this type of thing (eventually) be in the domain of Reef?  I don't
mean to be annoying or anything, but it seems like it would be a more
streamlined/integrated way of doing things.  (Really, I just want to
play with nifty Reef SVBs...)  Grabbing things from websites is great,
but there are a couple slight annoyances conceivable:

1. What happens if another browser clicks on these links?
2. If another application downloads them, does nautilus handle the local
case too?
3. In case of 2, does the file go away, after Nautilus gets the needed
information?
4. Going to a webpage to do local application configuration isn't as
smooth as dynamically grabbing remote data from within a local
configuration dialog.

A web page with listings of everything would most definitely be useful,
but maybe it should be seen as a companion to a reef service.  Down the
road, it would kick ass if most of themes.org became reef-aware....it
would be a lot more convenient.

But, maybe I'm looking at too far down the line. ;-)  I hope that
something of what I am writing is useful at some level....

    --Ryan