[Nautilus-list] 1.0.3 Preferences

I thought that before I tried filing a bug report, I'd come here first,
because it may well be that I am doing something wrong.  First of all, I
am running the debian 1.0.3 and I too cannot get nautilus to start when
gnome starts.  I fixed this problem by putting it in my startup
programs.  Now, however, whenever I log out and then in again, nautilus
remembers some of my settings, but not others.  It remembers my search
engine preference and my theme along with some other things, but it
forgets all of my font information, the default zoom level, and which
sidebar panel tabs that I have disabled.  I can't figure out how to fix
this.  can somebody please help?  Thanks a lot.

Adam.
wadam ocf berkeley edu