Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

So sprach Christopher James Lahey am Thu, May 24, 2001 at 06:06:49AM -0400:
> That doesn't work either because then if you switch languages, you lose
> all your data.  Well, it's in a directory that's harder to find which
> amounts to the same thing.

Uh?  Why do you lose data?  I proposed that Control Center (or whatever)
should then ask you if you want to create new directories.  Further it might
also convert the data, ie. mv <OldDir> <NewDir>.

On the other hand, the translation part is basically just about how it
should be represented.  Have a look at Windows.  Windows installs programs
to C:\Programme, in a german windows at least.  In an English Windows, it'll
install to C:\Program Files, and obviously German and English programs can
ask Windows where the 'PROGRAM FILES' directory is.

Isn't that what we're talking about here as well?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de