Re: [Nautilus-list] Lay Out Items / Clean Up By Name

on 11/5/01 8:22 AM, David Moles at david moles vykor com wrote:

> Is there a way in Nautilus, when using manual icon layout, to get
> icons to align to the grid, as there is in the Mac finder? I'd like
> to have the icons on my desktop arranged in my own idiosyncratic
> "logical" order, but I'd also like them to line up nicely. :)

There is a "Clean Up By Name" in the View menu.

But there's no command that just aligns to the grid the way the Macintosh
Finder Clean Up command does. It would be a nice feature to have, but it
doesn't come naturally from the code that's there now -- someone would have
to spend some time figuring out a line-up-icons algorithm.

Not anywhere near the top of the list, but something I'd like to see in a
future Nautilus.

    -- Darin