Re: [Nautilus-list] Lay Out Items / Clean Up By Name

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 08:57, Darin Adler wrote:

> There is a "Clean Up By Name" in the View menu.
>
> But there's no command that just aligns to the grid the way the Macintosh
> Finder Clean Up command does. It would be a nice feature to have, but it
> doesn't come naturally from the code that's there now -- someone would have
> to spend some time figuring out a line-up-icons algorithm.
>
> Not anywhere near the top of the list, but something I'd like to see in a
> future Nautilus.
>
>     -- Darin

Ah, well. I'll look forward to it when it shows up.

By the way, I'd like to pass along my compliments to whoever's
responsible for the snappy performance of folder-creation on the
desktop. I thought my Emacs window had focus and before I realized
my cursor wasn't moving, Ctrl-N had created two dozen folders. :)

--D