Re: [Nautilus-list] Icon directory contents caching

On Sat, 2001-10-06 at 04:49, Alex Larsson wrote:

Hi,

here are some comment about the implementation.

[...]

You use an array in order to store icons informations. Using a
dynamically allocated array for this task seem overkill to me as you're
gonna use realloc() which take a lot of time, and so should be avoided
for obvious reasons.

Second, is that if you want to keep using this algorithm (which could
really be improved, it's linear currently), you should use linked list
as it seem to fit better with what you're currently trying to achieve.

Now, I would be a really good thing to use an hash table to store list
of icon informations. You would just use the icon filename to generate
the key.

I'm willing to make the hash algorithm if you don't want to bother with
it. In this case just use linked list, and I'll do the necessary
modifications when you'll commit your work.

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere
http://prelude.sourceforge.net