[Nautilus-list] nautilus eating up 7% of the CPU even when idle

Hi,

I've noticed (using top) that, even when it's idle, nautilus is eating up 7% of the CPU.

The effect is a brief stall, roughly every second. This is really noticeable, for example, if you run /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/kumppa. It is also noticeable when you are scrolling text, or selecting a rubber-band area on the desktop.

This is reproducible. It happens every time I start X. And it persists even hours after I've started X.

I'm running nautilus-1.0.4-ximian.5 on Red Hat Linux 7.1 with kernel-2.4.3-12.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?  Does anyone know how to fix it?

A workaround I've found is killall nautilus.

Thanks,

Wagner