Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus eating up 7% of the CPU even when idle

on 10/6/01 11:06 PM, Wagner Toledo Correa at wtcorrea verizon net wrote:

> Has anyone experienced the same problem?  Does anyone know how to fix it?

At one time, there was a bug that caused Nautilus to constantly quit and be
restarted by the session manager. I would be surprised if that problem is
still happening with Ximian's version of Nautilus 1.0.4.

Is the process number of Nautilus changing or not? If the process number is
changing, then this is almost certainly the problem. If the process number
is not changing, and it's a single Nautilus process, then you can use strace
to found out what it's doing so we can track down this problem and fix it.

    -- Darin