Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [GNOME VFS] Re: detecting automounted nfs dirs

Hi,

> There is "dev_t st_dev" in the return value of stat(2), but haven't managed
> to find out what that actually means. It just appears to be a random unsigned
> integer and not useful for anything except checking if two files are on the
> same device. I can't think of any other obvious way to find out if a directory
> is on an NFS mount..

(I've chopped most of the stuff out of this email in case anyone's
 wondering).

Some time ago I actually created a patch to handle something like
this, but I don't recall what happened to it, and it used some of
features offered by the getmntent() calls in Solaris, and the
various macros that are associated with this to test the type of
mount it is. I can dig up a sample if anyone is interested.

Rgds (makes it look like I'm terribly busy)
Michael