[Nautilus-list] Re: Long delay between appearance of first icons and the rest

on 10/13/01 12:02 AM, Seth Nickell at snickell stanford edu wrote:

> A number (5-15) icons display initially really really quickly.
> [...] Then the whole UI freezes for several seconds [...] and
> all of the sudden all of the other icons appear

This is not supposed to happen. We can probably fix this easily, and it's
probably good to fix it while we have the hysteresis set to a large value.
But it's possible (likely) that this is separate from the overall speed
problem itself.

    -- Darin