Re: [Nautilus-list] script w/ mime handling

on 10/17/01 10:53 AM, David Emory Watson at dwatson cs ucr edu wrote:

> I have been thinking about this as well.  I would be willing to create a
> patch to do this if someone can suggest a good system wide directory to
> place "standard" scripts...

I'm pretty sure this has to be a directory relative to GNOME_PATH, since we
want multiple packages (which might be in different prefixes) to be able to
add scripts. So it needs to not be a single directory, but a directory
relative to the prefix, and it needs to support GNOME_PATH or the equivalent
for cases where different things are installed in different prefixes.

> What is wrong with the proposal from Vlad Harchev:
> http://lists.eazel.com/pipermail/nautilus-list/2001-April/002744.html
>
> In particular, I think the idea of having special metafiles associated
> with each script is a good one.  It makes script installation as simple
> as cp scipt_name.* ~/.nautilus/scripts...  It shouldn't introduce any
> compatibility problems, etc.  Does anyone see any problems with this?

I think that a single file is even better than multiple files.

    -- Darin