[Nautilus-list] hysteresis values

Changing the value down to 1 or anything small definitely gets rid of
the freezing problem.  But on the other hand this makes the icon
jittering much worse and is very distracting.  I am currently running
this at 1 and it works just fine if the jittering doesn't bother you.

One question.  What is the exact cause of this icon jittering and where
can I look into fixing it?  I am happy to do so if someone can help me
get started.