Re: [Nautilus-list] FAM & imon

Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:

> On 25 Oct 2001, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2001-10-25 at 16:50, Alex Larsson wrote:
> >
> > > And if I were to fork it (I've thought about it), I would make it a
> > > userspace daemon to avoid the xinetd+portmap dependency, and remove some
> > > security issues.
> >
> > That would be great... But without forking it (you say FAM seem to be
> > moving), wouldn't the FAM maintainer accept such a patch ?
>
> I asked on the fam-list if anyone was interested about it, but got no
> replies.

Err, sorry for not spaming you at the time :) I think it would be a great
idea. I hate having to spawn partmapper && fam here in order to play
with ferris only to kill them both off again to be more secure.

I generally dont spam ppl who are asking about good ideas unless I am
willing to help with a patch, though at this time I am very busy with
many tasks so I can only really say "sounds great" like so many other
monkey-no-patch ppl would :(