Re: [Nautilus-list] Bookmarks in sidebar tab

On 16Sep2001 07:29AM (+1000), Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Ben Ford">
>
> > >/me considers library-based, and CORBA-based approaches using an
> > >easy-to-edit XML file format.
> >
> > /me reminds again that Mozilla is not and will not be a Gnome project.
> >
> > If you want a common file format, you will need to adopt Mozilla's.  Or
> > you can write an application to translate. But don't expect them to
> > match your chosen format.
>
> ... and/or ask the Galeon developers to participate in a bookmarks
> standardisation effort. This would work much like the current thumbnail
> standards discussion going on at the moment.

I'm not even sure if it's right for Nautilus and something like Galeon
or Mozilla to have the same set of bookmarks. For instance, it's
pretty useful for me to bookmark local directories I visit often in
Nautilus, but this bookmark would be just noise in a program I use
only as a web browser. Likewise I may want to bookmark my favorite ftp
sites or smb shares in Nautilus, and these bookmarks would be less
useful in a pure web browser.

Conversely, since I use Nautilus less for web browsing than other
programs, bookmarks for all my favorite web sites may or may not be
useful. Certainly anything with Flash animations or heavy use of
JavaScript wouldn't be.

Regards,

Maciej