Re: [Nautilus-list] Bookmarks in sidebar tab

 This seems like a great idea. I look forward to seeing it progress.

I've just started getting familar with mozilla and nautilus in my spare time, so I'm a little weak on details, but I've been thinking that it would be great to plugin-ify browsers' existing bookmark interfaces. Then an external agent could completely take over bookmark functions, from filing bookmarks, to displaying them from pulldown or popup menus.

Most browsers seem to have the same kinds of generic user-interfaces to bookmarks, so it should be possible to specify a fairly simple plugin API that can re-implement at least a subset of the browser's bookmarks interface.

So, from the description of your development work, it sounds like it might be a good fit to implement this hypothetical bookmark plugin API as a gnobog frontend, letting the user run gnobog directly from within any of his browsers that implement the bookmark plugin API.

Now, if only that browser bookmark plugin API existed! Even if I had the time, I'd want to get a lot more familiar with the zen of a few different browsers before I tried to shoehorn all of their different bookmark handling models into a single abstraction.

So in the meantime, I look forward to seeing gnobog grow!

- George