Re: [Nautilus-list] Proposed string changes to the Nautilus UI

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 03:35, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> For a detailed explanation of why we use statusbar, see
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2001-December/msg00075.html.

Good argument.

> Even if not everything in the Lay Out Items submenu is not sorting, in a
> strict sense of the word, I think that the functionality is close enough
> to sorting for the term Sort to be acceptable and meaningful as a menu
> item. Another possible name for the submenu is Arrange or Arrange Items.

I was slightly partial to "Lay Out Items" (because of the
newspaper/typesetter connection) but I think that "Arrange Items" would
be an improvement (it is simpler -> better).  In any case, I still don't
like "Sorting".

Also, I just checked and Windows 98 uses "Arrange Icons" for this
purpose so it might be more familiar to migrating users if we did
similarly.