Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus preferences proposal

Il dom, 2002-04-28 alle 22:14, David Emory Watson ha scritto:
> > perhaps a solution to avoiding the misconception by users that nautilus
> > is a web browser is to turn off the location bar by default. This may
> > clear things up a little since it will resemble macos finder a little
> > bit more.
> I use the location bar quite often (tab completion is great! :) so I
> would be generally opposed to this idea.  Another (easily fixable)

  I often use the location bar too, but I have it switched off all the
time. I love how Nautilus handles this:
        * Ctrl-L: the location bar appears and is focused
        * type your location with broken autocompletion (#76912 ;o)
        * Enter: the location bar disappears again and you're in the
          location you typed

> problem would be that the location bar is currently the only way to know
> what directory your viewing in (e.g. think about the case where you have
> multiple directories all named foo)

  Yes, this is the only problem I have with the current status...
possibly full path on title bar?

--
  -- Michele - www.micampe.it

I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the
conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right.
        -- Albert Einstein