Re: Thankyou.

Sure integrating it into the shell would be nice but why?

The gnome-search-tool is there why not use it?  Why reinvent the wheel?

There is a  reasonable answer beyond simply feeling that you (or someone
else on the nautilus team) can do it better.

It would put a new dependency on nautilus to have the gnome package that
includes the search tool installed before installing nautilus.

However, it was only a suggestion