Re: Nautilus Script Download Statistics

<quote who="Alex Duggan">

> Judging by the number of extraction/archiving scripts that have been
> downloaded from g-scripts, I think most users feel the same way that I do,
> nautilus needs to be able to handle tar.(gz|bz2) archives natively.  This
> might be easily done by bonobo-izing parts of file-roller.

file-roller already works well when you 'open' an archive. Further
development on this could happen one of two ways (perhaps more, but these
are the immediate ones):

  1) gnome-vfs handling tarballs

  2) file-roller being turned into a nautilus view

It seems to me that the more interesting solution to put time into is 1.

- Jeff

--
             "jwz? no way man, he's my idle" - James Wilkinson