Re: Nautilus Script Download Statistics

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 21:52, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 20:44, Alex Duggan wrote:
> > Judging by the number of extraction/archiving scripts that have been
> > downloaded from g-scripts, I think most users feel the same way that I
> > do, nautilus needs to be able to handle tar.(gz|bz2) archives natively.
> > This might be easily done by bonobo-izing parts of file-roller.
>
> i see this the same way..

Though the "open in the file roller window" works pretty fine too.
File-roller just needs to be able to drag multiple files to desktop to
extract them. It behaves much like winzip on windows anyway, so it is
familiar and easy to use.

Having a file-roller view could be nice, so that you could just see the
archive contents as nautilus icon view - much like we were thinking for
medusa/search thingy in the "search" thread above. Or like midnight
commander had for the archive "views".

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::