Re: konqueror's answer to the scripts folder?

Hey Dave,

How will mime aware scripts be related to the context menu hooks that
others have discussed?

One problem is that many scripts will have a huge number of mime types
associated with them (e.g. tar, or "send this file").  So even if
scripts were mime aware, we would still need to offer the most common
actions on the top level of the context menu (i.e. not buried in the
scripts menu).

Anyhow, these two emails make for some interesting reading:

http://lists.eazel.com/pipermail/nautilus-list/2001-October/005839.html

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2001-October/msg00436.html

 - dew