Re: konqueror's answer to the scripts folder?

The hard part here is trying to determine whether or not scripts should
go in the top-level menu, or in a submenu.  Or whether things should
just be built into nautilus, rather than using scripts.  The first issue
conceivably can just be a packager/distributor problem.  Things go in
the toplevel, and it is the onus of the packager to make sure that there
aren't too many.
One thing that I would like to see from Ximian or Red Hat or any of the
other GNOME distributions would be Nautilus with scripts that are
installed based on your configuration.  For example, the cool-seeming
QuickBurn script should be there if you have a cd burner.  Or gAIM
should add a "send file to user" script.  Same with Evolution.
Obviously, some scripts are just signs of badly configured
installations.  Like the RPM installers, or the unarchiver scripts.
There are programs for those operations that exist, and should be used
instead of a script.  If Nautilus wants to improve the user experience
with those items, it would be through gnome-vfs improvements and a
nautilus view.  Scripts are great for easy added functionality.  But we
would get the most out of them if they were top-level, since it is
easier to access.  So that just means that it is the job of the
distributor and the user to keep those menus manageable.

However, even just having scripts be able to be based on mime types
would be a big win.  I'm really happy to hear that Dave is working on
this.

	--Ryan