is list view in 2.1.4 broken?

Hello,

I finally managed to install the Gnome 2.1.4 Beta

Nautilus is having trouble diaplaying the icons in the list view.
For images I still get the thumbnail at the correct zoom factor but all other files just all have the same ugly gray "unknown document" (?) icon which always gets displayed at the size of 100% size, even if I zoom in or out in list view.

Is this because of "work in progress" or is something wrong with my setup?

thanks
Jens