[Nautilus-list] Where is the Desktop drawn....

Spent some time last night trying to track down how/what draws the icons
on the desktop.

Debugging threaded apps is a pain in the ass.

What I have so far is this...

nautilus/src/file-manager/fm-desktop-icon-view.c

uses libnautilus-private/nautilus-icon-container as the base widget
Sets the layout_mode on the icon_container to Top Bottom Left Right
then exec's redo_layout (This is probably where the work is done.)
Then it sends the signal LAYOUT_CHANGED.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see what drew the desktop, probably in a
different thread.

So it looks like it's in NautilusIconContainer where things are done.
Tried changing the layout_mode to Top Bottom Right Left to set the icons
on the right hand side of the screen but it didn't do anything (it was
blind faith I know..). I see that there is a structure call
NautilusIconPosition. I guess I need to find the functions that are
populating/manipulating that data. Pointers are welcome...

--
Glen Gray             Software Engineer