Re: [Nautilus-list] Possible side project to promote Nautilus devel.

There is an good article at:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-gnome1/

Excerpt from article:
"developerWorks is pleased to announce the relaunch of the Linux zone's popular GNOMEnclature column. In this incarnation of the column, Mikael Hallendal and Richard Hult of CodeFactory  will give you the inside information you need to make the best use of the new GNOME 2 platform. In this series, you'll learn how to use the new and improved libraries available with GNOME 2 so that you can write your own Nautilus view, panel applets, and much more. In this article, Mikael and Richard reopen the series with a gentle introduction to GTK+ 2, the new foundation for the GNOME 2 desktop environment. By the end of this article, you'll have written and compiled a few sample GTK+ 2 programs and have a good understanding of GTK+ 2's many improvements over GTK+ 1."

Perhaps this could become that good tutorial on how to write your own
Nautilus views?

I like your idea on creating a project to promote nautilus views
development. I have myself thought of trying to do some nautilus view as an
project in school. I thought of bonobonizing some program for dealing with
packages such as tar, gz and zip and make it a viewer. I havent done any
research on it, but I thought that gnome-vfs should be used for this stuff
and could give users a quick work-around now.

Please CC me since Im not a member of this maillinglist.

--
* John Ericson john john pp se
* ICQ: 7325429 JID: high jabber org