[Nautilus-list] Nautilus for Darwin (OS X)

Hello, I just joined the list. I used nautilus on Linux and was quite
impressed. I would like to get it running on Darwin as well. I have some
experience with porting to Darwin, but this will be more difficult because
(from what I can tell) it was developed for Linux.

I have Gnome installed and working with all required libraries up and
running. Blah blah blah...

If anyone familiar with the Nautilus source would like to help me I would
appreciate it. So far I am still on the configuration part.

One problem is that it needs FAM, which I gather is Linux only.

More importantly It can't seem to find gnome-vfs (although it IS there).

Here's the configure command:

./configure --prefix=/sw --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --with-esd-prefix=/sw --with-orbit-prefix=/sw
--with-gnome-prefix=/sw --with-oaf-prefix=/sw --with-gconf-prefix=/sw
--with-gdk-pixbuf-prefix=/sw --disable-mozilla-component

I am installing into /sw because that is where I have Gnome installed. I
used Fink (fink.sourceforge.net) to install Gnome.

It goes bad around here:

checking for asm/vm86.h... no
checking for bzread in -lbz2... no
checking for BZ2_bzread in -lbz2... yes
checking for cdda_interface.h... no
checking for cdda_paranoia.h... no
checking for iconv_open... no
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... yes
checking for glib-config... /sw/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.9... yes
checking for gtk-config... /sw/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.9... yes
checking for gnome-config... /sw/bin/gnome-config
checking for GNOME - version >= 1.2.8... ./configure: condition expected:
options [8297]
./configure: condition expected: options [8300]
yes
checking for additional GNOME modules... *** vfs library is not installed
configure: error: *** GNOME 1.2.8 or better is required.

Now from what I can tell it is using gnome-config to locate these modules
and for some reason it isn't working... That's all I have ;-P

Thanks,
Sam