Re: [Nautilus-list] Mounting preferences

Вячеслав Диконов <sdiconov mail ru> writes:
> Darin's policy (I mean his obsession with removing important
> preferences)

Don't blame it on Darin. It's the strong opinion of most of "core
gnome hackers" that GNOME 1.x has far too many preferences, and a ton
of them are getting booted for GNOME 2, no question. They have to be
replaced by the _right defaults_ and _smart behavior_ though, not just
removed.

> I am a poor user, suffering from absence of control over nautilus
> and being left without a usable filemanager once again :(((

Hundreds of millions of users get by on Windows and Mac without the
preference for what happens on inserting removable media. So the
burden of proof is on you to explain why it is required for a "usable
filemanager" - why is Linux special? Maybe it is, but we need a
rationale. A philosophical rant on how you want a bunch of preferences
is not going to work. ;-)

Havoc