Re: [Nautilus-list] Getting started....

Hi Glen,

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 14:28, Glen Gray wrote:
> I recently joined the list and downloaded the cvs HEAD code to have a
> play around with. I'd like to get involved with helping out coding but
> I'll probably want to ease into it slowly due to lack of experience and
> time constraints (moving house over the coming weeks).

	I wondered how you're getting along with this ?

> If there are any pointers to things I could start looking at then I'd
> appreciate it.

	And I was just fixing a similar issue in at-spi; and I noticed a slight
error in the ref accounting in libbonoboui as to the total number of
refs - so 7 might be incorrect, there are however 5 objects leaked.

> nautilus (pid:1584): Bonobo-WARNING **: Leaked a total of 7 refs to 5
> bonobo object(s)

	To find out what these objects are; grab CVS HEAD libbonobo, and edit
bonobo/bonobo-object.c and add:

- #undef BONOBO_REF_HOOKS
+ #define BONOBO_REF_HOOKS

	Then do a make install-libLTLIBRARIES in libbonobo/bonobo [ so you
don't re-install the headers ], bonobo-slay and re-run nautilus.

	This will give you a referencing history for each object, and a
snapshot of the aggregate with it's type names - which should make it
far easier to pinpoint.

	I'd be interested in a trace of that information posted here, and could
perhaps give you some more pointers ...

	Regards,

		Michael.