Re: [Nautilus-list] Getting started....

Hi Michael,

Hope the LinuxWorld trip goes well.

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 11:49, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	And I was just fixing a similar issue in at-spi; and I noticed a slight
> error in the ref accounting in libbonoboui as to the total number of
> refs - so 7 might be incorrect, there are however 5 objects leaked.

Well I think you've fixed more than just that. Managed to squeeze in
half an hour of messing about last night with a relatively up to date
anoncvs checkout (Friday I think it was). Seems the Bonobo warning below
is now gone. So either the cleanup to the code in libbonoboui fixed it
or some other lucky soul cleaned up some the offending Nautilus code.

> > nautilus (pid:1584): Bonobo-WARNING **: Leaked a total of 7 refs to 5
> > bonobo object(s)

There are stiill two ORBit/CORBA leak warnings that I'll see if I can
trace. I didn't think that Nautilus accessed CORBA directly. If it does
I presume there will only be a few locations and that should help track
down the leaks a little better.

FYI, here is the latest output (with some libbonobo debugging turned
on).
[003346]:shutdown-start
[003346]:living-objects  living bonobo objects count = 0
[003346]:shutdown-end

nautilus (pid:3346): ** WARNING **: CORBA_ORB_destroy: ORB still has 3
refs.

nautilus (pid:3346): ** WARNING **: ORB: a total of 11 refs to 7 ORB
objects were leaked

I don't suppose there are simialr #defines too look for in ORBit ?
--
Glen Gray             Software Engineer