Re: [Nautilus-list] Getting started....

Hi Glen,

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 16:26, Glen Gray wrote:
> Hope the LinuxWorld trip goes well.

	Thanks - that reminds me I must start writing my talk sometime soon or
I'll be up all day and night for too long.

> Well I think you've fixed more than just that. Managed to squeeze in
> half an hour of messing about last night with a relatively up to date
> anoncvs checkout (Friday I think it was). Seems the Bonobo warning below
> is now gone.

	Good - although it almost certainly wasn't me.

> There are still two ORBit/CORBA leak warnings that I'll see if I can
> trace. I didn't think that Nautilus accessed CORBA directly. If it does
> I presume there will only be a few locations and that should help track
> down the leaks a little better.

	This is most likely GConf - I've got a pending patch to GConf to help
us nail these, and then we can accurately assess whether we are fully
reference leak free :-)

> nautilus (pid:3346): ** WARNING **: ORB: a total of 11 refs to 7 ORB
> objects were leaked

	Looks like more than GConf gives you normally, but we'll see.

> I don't suppose there are simialr #defines too look for in ORBit ?

	Nope - not written yet - you could try implementing it in
ORBit2/src/orb/orb-core/orbit-object.c - you just need to keep the
pointers in a hash table, and at cleanup walk any that look like
CORBA_Objects dumping g_quark_to_string (obj->type_id);

	Regards,

		Michael.