Re: [Nautilus-list] [BUG] nautilus wreaks CD/doors!

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> On 1/19/02 8:15 AM, "Michael Shigorin" <mike lic145 kiev ua> wrote:
>
> > It's MAJOR inconvenience for many people -- and should be easy to
> > fix or make an option.
>
> There's already an option; it's set in the magicdev part of control center,
> not in Nautilus preferences. This is a problem for people who use Nautilus
> but don't use magicdev.

As I recall, the eject on unmount behvaior is not controlled by this
key, and in fact, this is the one area where nautilus behavior differs
signicantly from the original magicdev behavior... magicdev does
not eject on unmount... rather, mc had an eject option in the
right click menu that first unmounted, and when that completed, ejected
the drive.

(For nautilus to eject the drive when it isn't the party that unmounts
it strikes me as prettty dubious.)

Regards,
                                        Owen