Re: [Nautilus-list] new Nautilus bugzilla categories

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 12:33, John Fleck wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:19:01AM -0800, Darin Adler wrote:
> > On 1/21/02 8:30 AM, "John Fleck" <jfleck inkstain net> wrote:
> >
> > > Luis is working on bringing come consistency to bugzilla for managing
> > > GNOME 2 release bugs:
> > >
> > > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2002-January/msg00231.html
> > >
> > > This means creation of some milestones that don't match the ones we've
> > > currently got. How should we handle this for Nautilus bugzilla? I'd
> > > be in favor of moving the 1.1.x bugs (there currently are 55 of them)
> > > over to the GNOME2* categories, as this will make global bug tracking
> > > for the whole GNOME2 release easier.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > As long as someone else does the work, that sounds OK to me.
> >

> Sure, I'd be happy to do it. You'll have to suffer a bit under the arbitrary
> decisions I'll make about which of the GNOME2 milestones I pick for things,
> but any foolish judgment on my part should be easy enough to sort out.
>
> Or would it be better to just mark 'em all "beta" and then let Darin move em
> off to later stages in the release process as you/he see/s fit?

I'd sort of planned on doing something like this for most bugzilla
components- i.e., if it is a bug against something that isn't obsoleted
by the move to GNOME2, then move to either GNOME2Beta or GNOME2.x [i.e.,
post-2.0] as appropriate. Help from you guys is certainly appreciated.

As far as the overall picture goes- does this schema work for you guys?
Because of the agressive use of Eazel bugzilla, my estimates show
Nautilus as having roughly 1/3 of all open bugs against the core of
GNOME2. So... this has to work for you guys moreso than for anyone else.
Your feedback is appreciated (especially since gtk+ has ensured that the
triage scheme is still an open question.)

Luis