Re: PATCH: use timeouts for progress dialogs

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 02:34, Dave Camp wrote:

> > > Out of curiosity, how did you choose 1200 milliseconds?
> >
> > I first tried it with 3000 and that was too long. I wanted to half it
> > and thought that was still too much, but I also thought 1 second was too
> > little. So I just settled on 1200 and didn't try anything else. :)
>
> As good a reason as any.

It's also broadly in keeping with the general UI principle (and the
Feedback chapter in the HIG) that any user-initiated action that takes
more than about a second to complete needs some sort of noticeable
feedback to keep the system feeling 'interactive'.

Cheeri,
Calum.