Re: nautilus2 background flash

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 09:28, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On 4 Jun 2002, Dave Bordoley wrote:
>
> > If i recall correctly the "fix" was removed since it was causing some
> > crashes and not working very well. Not completely sure though.
>
> Yeah, hack stopped working for some reason, and it was crashing on
> xservers that had different visuals for the root window and the gtk+
> default visual.
>
> I did some work that minimizes the time the background is gray, but it
> still flashes a bit.

I'm afraid my fix for 74311 may have made it a bit worse, since it now
realizes the desktop window immediately. And this also results in it
of the size.

It might be an idea to use special code for the desktop background,
rather than EelBackground. Maybe even use the libbackground applier
code, since that is what gnome-settings-daemon uses to set the
background when nautilus isn't running.

Damon