Re: PATCH: use local path when dropping files onto icons

> -                       path = gnome_vfs_uri_get_path (uri);
> Why didn't this work?

Because it returns the path for whatever method was used. So for example
if uri is "applications:///help.desktop", the path will be
"/help.desktop". Also it didn't remove escaped characters, so if you had
a space in the path it would have been "/the%20path".

The problem is also that gnome_vfs_uri_is_local returns true whenever
the file is on a local file system, even when gnomevfs has no way to
actually determine the local path. There should really be two new
functions, gnome_vfs_uri_has_local_path and
gnome_vfs_uri_get_local_path. It also quite sucks that gnome-vfs can't
determine the real local path for applications:/// uris.

> the tree view component has some code for command: too. Does that work?

Yeah I forgot about that. The code was commented out, but I will
reenable it with the new stuff.

I will fix all that and resend it.

- Frank