Re: nautilus-list digest, Vol 1 #103 - 7 msgs

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 10:01, Mark C. Pawson wrote:

> The fact is that Nautillus allows the user to press F2 (just like Windows) to
> rename, as well as the context menu.  When renaming a file the user will have
> their hands by the keyboard anyway, thus using F2 is faster and more
> convenient.  The current behavior is fine.  The problem is few people know the
> keyboard shortcut.

Function keys aren't necessarily convenient even if you have
got your hands on the keyboard. I use a Kinesis ergonomic
keyboard that's designed to give you fast and comfortable
access to the "normal" keys, but the function keys are a row
of chiclets off at the top that force you to move your hands
out of position. One could just as well argue that if you're
using the mouse to select the file you're going to rename,
you already have your hands on the mouse, so clicking to
rename is faster and more convenient.

*shrug* I doubt there's one Right Answer here.