Re: toolbar

Hi Dave,

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 15:36, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> I think this is probably a bonobo issue though, (thats what anders
> seemed to indicate in a bug about this a while ago) since purely gtk
> toolbar icons seem to look correct.

	It's almost certainly a bonobo issue, as yet I havn't got to the
considerable heap of bugs stacked up against the bonobo-toolbar code. As
such, they're not getting fixed.

	In every way, it's best to fix the problem right, once, at source, than
adding strange padding features to work around the problem.

	It's not quite clear how it should work; AFAIR the homogeneous packing
that the GtkToolbar does (did) sucked really badly when you have a long
label under a button - typically this doesn't happen in english, since
we have a lot of short words - but in tonga, where 'no' is rendered
'holimakitilukachichichi' (sic. ;-) having homongeneous toolbars sucks.
Also, the popdowns will behave as a separate item so it'll look really,
really bad.

	Someone needs to spend some time unwinding the gdk_pixmap relative
background stuff, so in-proc plug/socket stuff doesn't screw with pixmap
themes, and then we can put the forward/back popdowns in a single
control in the toolbar and we can then consider doing things like making
the toolbar buttons pack homogeneously ;-)

	Regards,

		Michael.