nautilus issues with AFS

Hi,

I'm trying to work around some issues I'm having with nautilus.  I'm
working in an environment with home directories in AFS and am attempting
to get a modified version of Red Hat Linux 7.3 to work.

When an xsession isn't shut down cleanly, on next login all the sidebars
except tree fail in nautilus.  The behavior persists until the xsession
is closed cleanly using gnome's logout facility.  The console containing
the errors I get is attached.

I'm trying to figure out what is causing this.  I'm thinking its file
locking somewhere but I haven't been able to find that in the code.
(AFS and file locking on linux is quite broken.)  I've been able to hack
around a similar issue in gconf.

Any suggestions to the cause of this and where it would be in the code
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack Neely

--
Jack Neely <slack quackmaster net>
Linux Realm Kit Administration and Development
Jack Neely <slack quackmaster net>
Linux Realm Kit Administration and Development
PAMS Computer Operations at NC State University
GPG Fingerprint: 1917 5AC1 E828 9337 7AA4  EA6B 213B 765F 3B6A 5B89
Console log for rk-test.pams.ncsu.edu
Setting up environment ...
Creating initial /usr/bin/gnome-terminal window ...
[1] 12331
Starting Zephyr client - zwgc
Starting Realm Kit Application Launcher - rkal
[2] 12334
Session initialization completed.

[2]    Done                          /usr/bin/rkal -l
Running /usr/bin/gnome-session
_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
SESSION_MANAGER=local/rk-test.pams.ncsu.edu:/tmp/.ICE-unix/12336

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkOptionMenu'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkoptionmenu.c: line 248 (gtk_option_menu_set_history): assertion `option_menu != NULL' failed.

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data(): could not find handler containing data (0x819F500)
Message: OAF error activating component: Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred

** WARNING **: Throbber Activation exception 'Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0''

** WARNING **: A view failed. The UI will handle this with a dialog but this should be debugged.