Re: useful scripts

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 20:15, Michael Rothwell wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Not finished, but in progress:
> >
> >   http://apotheke.berlios.de/
>
> This looks cool, and I'll be trying it out later. But it's too bad that
> it has to be an entirely separate view. I think being able to make
> completely new views is good, but that making any changes requires a new
> view is not so good. "Version 2.2" I suppose.
>

> > To do this properly, gnome-vfs needs to support versioning and stuff. It
> > should really be done at that layer, with Nautilus love on top.
>
> I could see that being interesting. But unnecessary to simply have a
> Naut view of CVS info.

Windows style "info" sidebar that shows CVS versioning info if the
folder is a CVS repository?

All in all it would be nice to have "per-file" sidebar info panel so
that you could add notes to files by selecting their icons, not just
opening each file on a nautilus view first (which is tedious and slow)

.-(=)-- Nautilus: ~/Sources/ ------------(X)-.
|-------------+------------------------------|
|             |   .---.                      |
| foo.c       |   |---|   <- selected file   |
|             |   `---'                      |
| C-source    |  (foo.c)                     |
|   code      |                              |
|             |                              |
| Size: 16k   |                              |
|- - - - - - -|                              |
| CVS ver: 1.3|                              |
| etc..       |                              |
|             |                              |
|- - - - - - -|                              |
| Notes:      |                              |
|  my cool    |                              |
|  hack! :)   |                              |
`-------------+------------------------------'

Same for images. It could have some mime-type-specific stuff (like jpeg
files could display the EXIF information if it exists etc.. and images
could display the dimensions and so on.. )

And if you select multiple files it would show some kind of summary like
"15 Jpeg files, 3.5 MB in total." or whatever would make sense for that
file type.. I guess one would need some sort of plugins for additional
mime types? This starts to sound hard, but would be nice. Maybe have the
"Properties" dialog stuff on the sidebar if one wants? Dunno..

This might even make me even use the sidebar I guess.. you never know
:-)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::