Re: [Nautilus-list] Bug #42825, IDE device names in hardware view....

On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 05:31, Glen Gray wrote:
> To sum up, as the Hardware View stands, it's useless. You have to type
> in the URI to get to it and it only displays a small amount of info.
> If maintained and updated it could be a lovely feature (I felt all warm
> when I first saw the view when Nautilus went public). I'm prepared to
> take it on if the community isn't quite ready to give up on it.

I think this would be a wonderful enhancement to work on for 2.2, Glen,
especially if it could be made not to be dependent on /proc (which is
definitely not workable for, say, solaris users.) But I'd say until then
it should maybe just be disabled- I get all jittery about new feature
development at this point in the 2.0 cycle. If someone is maintaining,
though, I'd be the first to say to turn it on again by default the day
after 2.0 so that it can get tested.

Luis