Re: SV: [Nautilus-list] Desktop folder

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 18:39, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
    On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 02:43, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
    > Yea. I think the home icon should be hidden if desktop is set to
    > homedir.

    Right.  So how do I access my home directory in a sane way then?  (Say,
    for example, with scrollbars.)

Here's the thing:

If you always had your homedir in front of you in the desktop, it would
not be that cluttered, since you would not just dump everything there.
Believe me, I had a 1600x1200 screen so full of stuff I did not see the
wallpaper when I first symlinked the desktop dir to $home.

But the point is, if you had that on a clean user account, you would
clean up the desktop better. You probably organize your files on folders
in your homedir too, right? My homedir has so far been fitting inside
the screen just fine. I have a few folders, one "dump" one which as all
the crud that I clean up every now and then. And then I have folders for
photos, work, sources etc. (actually sources is under work/) It does
work just fine in practice.

But I mean, if you want to work in a different way, the thing *is*
configurable for a reason.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::