[Nautilus-list] URIs [Was: Desktop folder]

<quote who="Shahms E. King">

> Well, to add yet another comment on this thread, I've been meaning to
> write a gnome-vfs module to make desktop:// into a vFolder-like structure
> such that, like libdesktop.so and libdestop-vfolder.so do now, only
> broader in scope, such that any number of gnome-vfs URI's (rather than
> just local files as it is now) can be merged together.

Aaargh! Can we begin to kill off URIs at some stage, and stop creating more?

[ Optionally, design an interface to allow browsing or discovery of URIs.
This will undoubtedly be a chaotic mess of kludge and mess, so I'm
suggesting it for assassination. ]

- Jeff

--
    "If your life was a movie, would you pay to see it? Would you pay to
                see an advertisement for it?" - James Morris