Re: [Nautilus-list] URIs [Was: Desktop folder]

Le jeu 21/03/2002 à 11:14, Jeff Waugh a écrit :
> <quote who="Shahms E. King">
>
> > Well, to add yet another comment on this thread, I've been meaning to
> > write a gnome-vfs module to make desktop:// into a vFolder-like structure
> > such that, like libdesktop.so and libdestop-vfolder.so do now, only
> > broader in scope, such that any number of gnome-vfs URI's (rather than
> > just local files as it is now) can be merged together.
>
> Aaargh! Can we begin to kill off URIs at some stage, and stop creating more?

I don't agree with you on this particular URI.

Why ? First, nautilus is able to change the default desktop (see current
fight on $HOME as desktop thread ...) and I think it would be much more
consistent to use desktop:// URI instead of duplicating logic to know
which directory is used for desktop in applications.. Moreover, if we
add a "use whatever directory as desktop" option later, we won't have to
modify everything..

Second (and more important for me), I have already implemented a ugly
hack in Mandrake version of Nautilus 1 to merge a common directory with
user desktop (it is used when someone plugs a webcam to dynamically
display a webcam icon on desktop) using desktop:// URI and I'd like to
integrate it in gnome-vfs 2, as part of desktop:// implementation..

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft