Re: [Nautilus-list] RAM size formula ?

I'm begining to think that there is now correct way to get what we know
is our RAM size as it seems the machines don't see all the RAM
available.

I've 384Mb (256 + 128) but all I can get is 382/383 from the amount of
RAM I can see in /proc. As I test to see if it was the kernel I booted
into W2k and it also sees the same shortfall. So either the RAM chips
lie and are rounded up or there is a deci/digi conflict. Or the PC isn't
reporting it all.

Might post to the kernel list and see what the low down on this issue
is.
--
Glen Gray             Software Engineer