Re: [Nautilus-list] Proposed string changes to the Nautilus UI

"Eugene O'Connor" <Eugene Oconnor sun com> writes:

> I'd like to propose the following string changes in the UI. Most of
> these are minor changes to get consistency in our terminology: 2, 3,
> 8, 10-17. The rest are to change some slightly colloquial or awkward
> phrasing - these changes improve the clarity of the UI, and will
> make the job of the translators easier.
>
> Let me know if there are any objections - otherwise, we'll create patches for these shortly.

It seems to me that the colloquial language was used on purpose,
vs. the more technical terminology.

I'd like to be sure the UI team has a decision on this which is
documented in the style guide, before we start changing apps.
For example, the background properties control panel seems to be on
the "colloquial" side of the fence (though I argued for
s/Picture/Image/ in order to move it a bit more toward what you're
advocating).

In any case we need to be sure there's a clear decision before
changing all the apps IMHO. (Maybe we already have a decision, I
confess I haven't looked for it in the UI guide.)

Havoc