Re: New toolbar button ordering

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 11:47, Calum Benson wrote:
> David Emory Watson wrote:
>
> > > However, I think it's easy enough to change both Nautilus and the HIG
> > > (which is not finished yet), if everyone agrees with the proposed
> > > change.
> >
> > I think this is a good idea.  Calum, what do you think?
>

> I'm all for any change that's demonstrably better than what's in the
> HIG... whether this one is or not is kind of hard to judge without the
> kind of testing we sadly don't have time to do right now :)

I don't think this is the kind of change that user testing could easily
solve.  It's just too small....

Anyway, we have (ignoring the [Up] button for the moment):

IE way [Back] [Forward] [Stop] [Refresh]

Mozilla way [Back] [Forward] [Refresh] [Stop]

I'm guessing people's preferences on what "looks better" is probably
bias by what their used too.

My preference for ignoring IE on this is that a) I use refresh far more
often than stop so I want it near the other "really important buttons"
like back and forward... b) I use Mozilla and c) I don't think Windows
users will have a fit about this (it's really quite minor)..

> Any comments Matthew (since it was you who originally pointed out that
> Stop ought to be as near Back, Forward and Reload as possible)... what
> button ordering is Mozilla likely to be going forward with?  (If you'll
> pardon the pun...)

Anyway, it's probably not a big deal but I think we should do whatever
Mozilla does (including following them if they change).