Re: Accelerator for New Window

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Calum Benson wrote:

> Christian Meyer wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I've added an accelerator for New Window. (it's quite annoying without
> > it!)
> > Therefor I also had to change the accel for New Folder to Ctrl-f.
> > I hope that doesn't conflict with anything else.
>
> Hmm... if and when we get Medusa or some other search facility back into
> Nautilus, Ctrl-F ought to be the shortcut for Edit->Find.  Perhaps
> something like Shift+Ctrl+N could be used for New Folder instead?

I don't think that is right. Medusa should not go in Edit->Find. People
expect Edit->Find to search in the currently viewed document. Not launch
the search engine from hell.

On the other hand, views embedded in nautilus (text view, html view)
should use Edit->Find and Ctrl-F to search in them, so having it mean new
folder in a directory view seems confusing. I'll probably go with
something like Shift+Ctrl+N.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a Nobel prize-winning soccer-playing photographer who must take
medication to keep him sane. She's a manipulative tempestuous Valkyrie married
to the Mob. They fight crime!