Re: Suggestion for default icon view

On Sun, 12 May 2002 bordoley msu edu wrote:

> Well the speedup i've encountered is when opening a directory with other large
> directories within it, since nautilus doesn't have to do an item count for all
> the folders (sort of like the speed tradeoff option).
>
> I'm not actually proposing changing any of the nautilus internals, i'm just
> proposing to set the 3 default icon captions to "none." This is similar to
> what windows and kde do.

Then you won't get more information on ANY zoom level. Essentially
zooming becomes worthless. This is a lot larger change than changing how
many caption you see on 100% zoom.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a bookish Catholic werewolf who must take medication to keep him sane.
She's a high-kicking kleptomaniac former first lady with a song in her heart
and a spring in her step. They fight crime!